- 3D based Desktop Signal Sighting
- View from any 3D location & preset drivers positions.
- Collates data from many disciplines – PWAY, OLE, Signalling, Civils etc.
- Models are fully editable in real-time
- Two stage approach
- Model enhanced for public presentation, consultations or inquiries.
- Rendered videos can be developed into a Driver briefing package
Through our developed processes we can provide projects with VR models for early assessment based on Ordnance Survey and Aerial data through to detailed models for Grip 4 & 5 design analysis, training and IDC. All our 3D Models are transferable between standard 3D software applications and can be handed over for inclusion in Training Simulators.
Some of the Signal Sighting tools available in the G-VST
- Signal & Signage Position relative to chainage line, offset, height
- Reconfigure signal design & IDs
- Set & display signal beam alignment
- Preset drivers eye views along routes (including BiDi views)
- Offset viewing camera to adjacent lines
- Line of sight measurement
- Distance to selected signal for sighting assessment.
We offer the following staged or standalone workflows
- Feasibility Models Ideal for planning, presentations & public enquires
- Bare Bones Grip 4 Signal Sighting,
- Design co-ordination & IDC
- Detailed Grip 5 IDC, Stage works & Constructability
- Driver Briefing Packages for Training & presentations.
- Enhanced 3D for public consolation and presentations
- Conversion to Training Simulators.
Typical data required
- Ordnance Survey tiles & Aerial Imagery (from the Network Rail Portal)
- Aerial survey or Height data
- Topographical Survey
- Chainage line based on PWAY and/or
- Signalling design
- PWAY, OLE, Civils design
- Signalling schemeplan
- Signal Sighting Forms
- Ground based photos of stations & bridges etc.